Friday, August 06, 2010

World's most expensive coffee


As a coffee lover, I always wonder what is the most expensive and exquisite coffee around. Apparently the most expensive turn out to be the most disgusting too.



Kopi luwak or civet coffee, is coffee made from the beans of coffee berries which have been eaten by the Asian Palm Civet and other related civets, then passed through its digestive tract. A civet eats the berries for their fleshy pulp. In its stomach, proteolytic enzymes seep into the beans, making shorter peptides and more free amino acids. Passing through a civet's intestines the beans are then defecated, having kept their shape. After gathering, thorough washing, sun drying, light roasting and brewing, these beans yield an aromatic coffee with much less bitterness, widely noted as the most expensive coffee in the world.

It is produced mainly in Java, Sumatra and other certain parts of Indonesia. They call it Kopi Luwak. Maybe i'll have it one day when i can overcome the thought of drinking something which came out of a civet's faeces :S As for now i'm cool with nescafe and my starbucks house blend roast hehehe.

Syukur alhamdulillah I'm already around 3 weeks at work and I had met lots of wonderful people. With work comes salary and with money comes responsibility and 'wants'. The top of the list of my wants is a car. I always dream owning a car where i can modify and challenge other friends to a friendly, non-reckless, empty road race :P Lydia already pursue that dream, owning herself a Lexus IS300 and its one sweet ride. A V6 engine does do the trick and with some additional engine mods and aerodynamics i bet it would be one thrill of a ride. Thats one more factor i have to consider: my car has to be faster and smoother than hers (sorry babe) hehehe.

Then again...there's still a car i can use- my mum's old volvo 940 turbo. Kinda think of it syg jua if its left in the garage saja. My dad in someway entrusted me for the volvo's wellbeing. Its been 13 years so maintenance is a hassle. But everything else abt it is fine. Maybe i'll change it a bit so that it looks like a car came out from pimp-my-ride :P Just save my money for now and strive to achieve my dream car- Nissan Skyline GTR. Damn nda jua kawin ni karang lol.

As i said with money does come responsibility so i have to balance out for what i want and need to do to help my family. Eid is around the corner so the house needs a bit of refurbishment. And savings for the future is a must. Invest some in my dad's business and InsyaAllah, to perform the Haj for a 2nd time. Duniawi balance out with inner iman hehehe.




No comments: