Sunday, June 20, 2010

Singapore pt3



It was my second last day in Singapore and I haven't decided on what new sneakers to invest on. All day long i covered Orchard rd just to get the perfect shoe and syukur Alhamdulillah I found the right piece :D That really made my day cause for the third time this year I got the last pair of sneakers, of my size, available. Pretty damn lucky. I don't have a decent picture of the shoe. Maybe I'll post it next time. Btw i got it from Limited Edition. For shoe enthusiast i really recommend you to check the store out if you're in Singapore.

On the same day my uncle arrived with her wife and later that day we had dinner with them at the famous gerai Newton Circus. Its like our Tamu Selera but at a much greater scale, both in terms of space and price. I admit it's quite pricy. I only realize that when i recommended Senor Pablo to eat there and he said that generally people think its pricy; which is unfortunately true. But that price does come with what you order.

The recommended stall

Chilli crabs

Homemade tofu masak something~

This is highly recommended; pari with homemade sambal. By far the best pari i've ever tasted. No offence mom :P

Tiger prawns masak nestum.

Im not a big fan of fresh coconut juice. Usually i prefer it with a bit of sugar but this particular coconut is just different. It's Kelapa pandan and it has a slight taste of pandan into it. nyaman bana~

Langis~

Final day and our flight was at 9.15pm. I had all morning to spend. Not knowing what to do and guess i haven't got enough of it, i went to Arab st again for a final dose of Shisha hehehe. Don't worry im not addicted to it. Better enjoy while you still can ;p Since hj lane is in Arab st so i gave it a final visit and i got a clip wallet from the Jia store.

A different shisha place from the last time.


We arrive at the airport quite early, didn't want to rush through everything. Plus my mum and i need to do our tax refund. My mum was so organize it went like a breeze. But prior to that the waiting was quite frustrating. Some officers were quite fussy and they need to check the items you bought to match with the one on the receipt. Then i saw this Indian guy who brought with him a 40+ inch lcd TV. Atu baru ia nda alang2. If that wasn't in-your-face to the officer then i don't know what will. Never in my 23 years of life travelling to and from airports had ever saw someone going to bring a 40+ inch tv back home lol.

Overall, it was a great trip. I love being independent when im travelling. Finding out interesting places, trying out local cuisines and all that. Being in a fairly big group restrict you from doing all that. Then again, you don't have anyone to share the fun with :P InsyaAllah if murah rezeki i want to go back to Singapore, maybe on the next grand sale. I really want to ride the battlestar and go up to the Marina Bay Sands.

No comments: