Saturday, June 12, 2010

Singapore pt2

This is my every morning view. The morning buffet is great but i always prefer continental breakfast over others.


This was my third day in Singapore. Initially i planned to go to Marina Bay Sands where they have an enormous garden on top of the hotels (3 hotels, connected by one roof= the garden). The place is one of its kind. Unfortunate for me its still not open to public yet. Not until 26th June. So i went to city hall instead, window shopping at Suntec Mall and Marina Square. This is the Koi Garden in Suntec. Really inspires me to have one in the future...

Inside...
Inside Marina Bay Sq, just next to Suntec and look who i stumble into...DORAEMON!!

Marina Bay Sands and the Singapore Flyer from a distance.
Later that night we went to eat at an Indonesian restaurant in Takashimaya. Mum had it with Burger Kings all the time :P These are two of my mum's colleagues who she went to Singapore with.


The next morning my mum wanted to have a malay dish for breakfast so Sharul brought us to Kampung Glam. I really love the place due to its post-colonial buildings which is wonderfully preserved and the area, as anywhere in Singapore, clean and tidy.

I was meeting my friend Adelene later that day. I first met her in 2001 during my ASEAN student exchange programme. And after 9 years we meet again. Facebook and friendster have kept us in contact lol. I asked her to bring me to Haji Lane, one of the places Shauqi recommended. Was i in for a surprise.


This place is just awesome. The lane consist of old preserve buildings but the stores creatively decorate it to make the scene lively. Just have a look at the pictures i took. Btw most stores sell exclusive streetwear and funky deco. Below is Carbon.
Sup Clothing- a local brand, bought a cool shirt from here.


Jia's Store. The cashier looks like Princess Sarah, no kidding. Too bad i didn't take a picture of her.

'Know it nothing'- the products they sell are just a bit expensive, but the interior is just mesmerizing.

Not far from Haji Lane is Arab St and Adelene brought me to go for a shisha session which I haven't had for quite a while. I really love how the cafe design their shisha area. They had sofas and carpets where people could just sit on the floor and chill.

Introducing Adelene. We went to Bugis using the MRT earlier and we took the wrong direction. So much for a tour guide lol.

Arab St at night.

Ask Adelene what is this majestically looking building and she said 'we call it Gotham cos it looks like a building strip out off gotham city'. Spot on!
Adelene had her friends invited us for dinner at Vivo city. We took an MRT, went straight there and we felt bad that we were late and they've been waiting for us for an hr or so. But they were cool and Chris, who i just met that night, paid for our dinner. That made me feel more guilty :S
We ate at Modestos. Below are deserts- fudge brownie and tiramisu.

Adelene and Ganesh
Marcus, (forgot the one in the centre) and Chris.
Fin.

From Vivo we went to Clarke Quay where we ended the night. Such a happening place.





No comments: