Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Opportunity given

I didn't go to work today since i have a JPM test tomorrow for the Pegawai Kerja post. I'm still not sure what exactly to read. This is my first time sitting for a test (for a government post). I just hope that it's gonna be multiple choice. Asked Lydia and she said usually it'll be an essay base test and all in malay :S I think im gonna buy media permata later and get the pelita brunei from the gas station, sharpen up my malay overnight. I picked the letter about the JPM test yesterday at it's main office and from the looks of it theres gonna be around 40+ sitting for the test. I bet im gonna meet the usual unemployed friends of mine lol.

As off tomorrow I'm officially 8 months unemployed. Well partially unemployed since for the past two months I've been working with my dad, helping out with his business...maybe at this point i could say 'our' business though he still is the mastermind hehehe. I always believe in the words that 'something happens for a reason'. One day I asked myself, why haven't i score a job, a career? 8 months is a long time and along the road theres frustration, anger and sadness involved every time a rejection letter sent home or news told from a friend 'you didn't get it'. What is Allah trying to tell me? testing me? punish me? or he tries to make me realize how lucky i am being in my current position?

I try to see my situation in a different light. Graduated in October. Start to search for a job in November. Got really serious in January. Multiple calls started only in February. Dad had been nagging to work for him since I first arrive in Brunei but my mind only opened up in April. Thats it... the business. It really makes me smile when i ponder how wonderful God had plan for us, life in the form of various pieces of puzzle, only to know theres a beautiful picture once everything is connected. It took me 6 months, since October, to make me realize my future opportunity lies within the business. For the two months I worked with my dad i had learnt a lot of useful skills and think more like a business oriented person. I think if did get a job somewhere before March i wouldn't even have the slightest of interest in knowing about the business. Syukur alhamdulillah, I thank Allah for the opportunity he given me and I thank my dad for shaping me for who i am now.

FYI, the business is nothing like a skim capat kaya or a pyramid style networking. Nope. More of a like you-have-to-work-your-ass-off-to-be-successful kind of business. Nothing big like Hua Ho or even Bismi. I guess what i'm really grateful off is not being in the business but how it changes my mindset in ways of taking risk and opportunities when one is given. I guess overall what I'm trying to tell is that behind every agenda, tragedy or crisis theres a hidden message Allah is trying to tell, a lesson to be learn, an opportunity to be grasp or a skill to acquire in the future. Once your mindset is change, then you can see a beautiful light at the end of the tunnel...just pray its not a train :P . I read off a poster something really inspiring. It goes something like this 'your eyes only can see whatever it looks for. Only when you can see the invisible that you can achieve the impossible...' Alright im gonna play basketball soon. Wish me luck for tomorrow :)

No comments: