Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Faint~~


Earlier today in the morning i got a phone call from one of my Beribi teammates and he's in MD. He rarely call me so i thought to myself "surely this is about abil fainting again (my lil sister)." I answered the phone and my earlier prediction was correct. After 10 mins i arrived MD and there was an ambulance and a bit of "kecoh" at the SA (Student Affairs) office. As for me, Abil pengsan is normal. For people who experienced it first time it involves panic, frighten and a bit chaos. After the nurses did Abil's body check, they told me that my lil sister is having too much oxygen in her brain, leading to dizziness and feeling ill. This did surprised me. After all these years (yeah the paning has been there for a while) I thought it was all about lack of oxygen. No wonder my lil sister is very athletic. It does make sense though cos when she fainted, she was only doing her maths homework ( which i believe partly responsible :P). So the nurse advice her to bring a plastic bag around. Anytime she feels dizzy, she has to suffocate herself a bit. And you think suffocation is bad lol.

Few days ago Lydia and I watched "How to train your dragon"...I give it a 7/10, just good not great. Still can't beat the likes of Shrek and Toy Story.

I also watched "Shutter Island" (on dvd). Its quite a deep movie so you don't want to bring kids who ask questions every 5 minutes. Concentration is vital. I loved it. Martin Scorsese is a genius! Give it an 8.5.

Curious of how "The Hurt Locker" won an oscar, i gave it a try. Watched the movie- it was amazing and really did capture the reality of a soldier at war. I guess there are just too many movies out there that doesn't put the essence of realistic scenarios into it. Don't need to give a verdict on this one, the Oscar they won says it all.

As for now, i'm trying to finish watching the series "The Arrivals". Its an independent production, produce by two men working together and they put up the episodes on youtube. Basically the series is telling us what the world is today through the views of Islam. They relate events, individuals, issues with facts, conspiracy theories and religion to find answers. And it goes well beyond that. I can't explain everything here. I guess wikipedia could help you more with the details.

This series is an eye opener. It did help me to think one step further yet I didn't consume all the knowledge taught in the series wholeheartedly. Some made me think twice about what the producers said and if thats the case, i rather not jump into conclusion and better yet, do my own research. Other than that I surely recommend you to watch it. For those who believes that they are still weak and easily influenced, I advice you not to watch this series. Believe in yourself, in your religion (Islam in this manner) and in Allah, and your faith will not be distorted by any words or pictures...then you're ready for the series :)

Damn its 1am and i need to wake up early to send my siblings to school :S

No comments: