Wednesday, December 21, 2011

3 Months on in Jakarta


Assalamuaa'laikum

Things have been moving fast for 2011. Surprise after surprise keeps hitting me. Biggest of all is definitely being told that I will be posted in Jakarta, working with our Permanent Mission here (not to be confuse with the Embassy office). Now I literally know how it feels like when you are being told that you are going to be posted. It's not the feeling that i expected but I know other diplomats would understand. I bet they felt the same way for their first posting. Sorry but i won't share any further on that :P

Anyway Jakarta, besides the MACET (traffic), everything is great. Media, for most of the time, play a huge role in influencing people to view a certain something in a negative way and I was one of those sucker. But after landed here, live, work, play, eat and sleep in JKT...I'd be honest I love this place.

Shopping is a wonderland, you can shop from the most well known brands like LV, BOSS, Ferragamo, Jimmy Choo, to the alternate yet sophisticated ones like Raoul, Pedro, Braun Buffel, Tumi, MaxMara and lots more. Then you have the street brands, the ones that im in to such as Nudies (most comfortable jeans i've ever worn), Toms, Cheap Monday, Naked Famous, Junk Food, the Hundreds and the sneaker selections here are quite diverse too. All in all puas jua hati shopping.

One thing about Jakarta also it can make you fat (cos the local food is so good) and at the same time, burn your tongue (what they refer as mild is crazy hot for me).

I'm also planning to have a pet here, maybe getting myself a red tegu, as appear below, and probably a cat, persian or himalayan. Flat nose too can be an option.


Last weekend I went to the pasar burung where they were selling a huge variety of exotic animals. There were lizards, monkeys, rabbits, canaries, pigeons, parrots, hamsters, guinea pigs, mice, rats, bats, snakes, cats, dogs, eagles and the list goes on. That's when my brother told me it'll be a piece of cake to raise a tegu here since the mice are all just 5 mins away from my place and its cheap too. That's why im considering at the moment to have one. Though my apartment is strict for no pets allowed.

Currently Zaim and Syafiq is with me and as of this friday, Abil and Adek will join in as well as my beloved Lydia. To top it off, i'll be on leave!! So I'm enjoying the most of my time with my family after a grueling period since months before and during the Summit.

If you want to find out more, in pictoral form, on what's there in JKT, please click here.

Out for now

No comments: