Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sales assistant

When i go to an electrical store or a sports shop, i like it when the sales assistant knows more about the item than i do, explaining the benefits, the technology etc. So say I go to a sports shop to buy a new pair of football boots, i would appreciate that the sales assistant assist me in choosing which shoe to buy, depending on my budget and type of play. What i don't like is when they're just there and explaining nonsense to me or worse, being blank and knows nothing.


Earlier today i went to the mall, planning to check out whats the big fuss about the 3D tv experience. Unfortunately for me the demo starts at noon. So i just have a look at other sony items that were being exhibited. The new technology added to sony digital cameras is the Exmor-R Sensor where you can take brilliant clear photos at night, minimizing blur and noise. I asked the sales assistant, which camera has the Exmor sensor? And he, who looks so bangang, acted as if I was talking gibberish. Rather than waiting for him to reply i just help myself to search for the camera and lucky it was on display. I did take a few shots with it yet its not as good as my S90 :P I knew that the sony produces 2 models with the Exmor-R so i purposely asked him wheres the other model (testing him whether he knows anything abt sony cameras). And as expected, again he look all bangang. How do you expect customers to buy your products?

Annoyed with the camera department, I moved on to the Bravia Tv Series. A different sales attendant came up to me. I ask how much is this Sony LED Bravia and he answered in a way as if nda kan melayan- "Ah tunah 2000+..."

I asked him (again to test whether he knows his products or not)- "I heard sony has a TV series with 200hz motionflow, do you have it here?" He pointed to the LED TV which clearly has a sticker on the side saying 100hz motionflow! So i said to him, " ani 100 jua ni, ni nah sticker nya" pointing directly at the label.

He then shrugged and said owh ndath kmi ada tu~ Seriously what a waste of time, baik lagi ia tidur di rumah saja tu. Frustrated with the company of the sony employees, I went to AV electronics to check out whether the Ipad is in stock. The sales assistant said it was sold out but he had a demo with him. So he showed me enthusiastically and with passion, giving all the pros that makes me, who initially just to look around, became a potential buyer. Dalam atingku ani baru ia beniaga. look out for Mohsin, you can't miss him cos he's the only Indian. I say, don't be a sales assistant if you're only there for the money rather than having an interest with the stuff you're promoting.

No comments: