Monday, April 12, 2010

Pink Foodie Event



I'm really looking forward for the "Karnival Kerjaya" tomorrow, hoping to find a suitable job for myself. There are quite a number of companies in my head that i really want to apply. Just hope they'll show up at the carnival. And this baffles me...why do they use the term "carnival"? I checked it's definition and this is what i got

car·ni·val (kärn-vl)
1. often Carnival The period of merrymaking and feasting celebrated just before Lent.
2. A traveling amusement show usually including rides, games, and sideshows.
3. A festival or revel.

Definitely nothing like a celebrated feast and i'm sure the organizers wouldn't go through the hassle of setting up rides and games. And if you ask me what then should it be called...I seriously don't know hahaha. Just something to point out :P

Yesterday I went for the Pink Foodie Event at Pablo's crib. The event went well, with top contenders battle it out with their desserts to win the prize. But thats not the aim though, its more of to get the recipes from those who contributed and make a cookbook out of it. Sales from the cookbook will go to charity for breast cancer awareness of Brunei. Anything for a good cause, right? Too bad i came a bit late. I didn't get to taste the first place dessert which if im not mistaken the Chocolate Lava Cake or sumthing along that line... Well got a few shots from the event..

From cupcakes to muffins, fruit crumbles and a whole lot more sweet delicacies...

Banana cake with butterscotch topping. I'm not a big fan of banana cakes but this one is exceptional! The butterscotch really does the trick. Awesome Sas!

Although it could do better presentation wise but the taste is well balanced, good job!

This one is also one of my favourites!

This one was devilishly rich and lovely, I forgot the name but it was cheesecake with peanut butter and dark chocolate something something hahaha Only one problem though (eh c kash ani ngomnplen saja :P)... base nya hangus! I think the burnt taste was safely covered by the rich texture of the filling. But still, i love it :D


"Pink Cupcakes"- Beautiful decoration but it was too sweet!

I was full by the time i saw these carrot muffins, didn't get the chance to taste it...

Best on-the-go dessert and free hassle, the Peanut Butter Pops!

We were suffering from high consumptions of sugar by the time we were heading home hahaha. Nevertheless i had a good time. Everyone was socializing and chilling and the environment did suit well for the event. Awesome job to the organizers and especially to Pablo for hosting it. Really looking forward for the next one!

On another note, here's the latest addition to my list of nephews: Danish! Ia suka pout psl ia show off his lips hahaha


No comments: