Friday, March 27, 2009

The one with essays and brunotts

Earlier today i submitted my International Political Economy Essay writing on the Washington Consensus. To be honest im struggling with this module particularly because of the economics bits in it. Well, that's an understatement. Politics alone is quite hard to grasp but when you add economics to it, it changes to a whole new level. I just hope i get pass through this. Definitely not my field, though i find it quite interesting when it comes to policy outcomes devise by states and it affects the economy of the region/ global financial system. Yet when they try to explain deeply how this and that works, my brain just shut off, repelling anything going through like magnets on the same side. Yesterday I sent another essay on new security agenda. Basically security is not all about state vs state (traditional view). Now since its a globalized world, new security challenges emerged, mainly on human security such as drug trafficking, mass illegal migration, human trafficking (prostitutes) and other kind of issues like environmental. That was a good essay question and i thought i wanna write more on it so i decided to write my dissertation base on transnational crime in South East Asia.

For the past few weeks me and Abu had spent hours in the library. Both of us trying to finish our assignments. Staying at home equals to lots of distrations. Mine mostly come from my bed, calling me like a baloney sandwich to Joey. Seeing people working their ass off in the library makes me wanna do my work too. Stop slacking off and make some progress. It's a healthy lifestyle nevertheless rather than being at home procastinating when to get back home :P but i really do wish i could go back *sigh*.

Now my easter break has officially started. Lots of things coming up ahead. There's gonna be Brunei Cultural Night this weekend and maybe the next day i'll go to Portobello market meeting up with cookie lady or play paintball with my friends. Then Monday comes and I really wanna go to Westfield, a new mall in London. I only passed it once and its really huge. Then on 7th theres Jason Mraz. 9th Alton Towers. Towards end of easter Bibers BBQ and between it maybe there's some inter society tourney. Hectic i must say. Gonna be a fun easter. However I can't leave my books. The moment UNI reopens our exams will be waiting for us huhuhuhu. So cuti2 jua, blajar mesti~

Speaking of belajar and doing assignments, a friend of mine just deleted her facebook because she finds it distracting. Spontaneously. You guys know who she is. Whoever just suddenly dissapeared from your friends list paham2th :P

Aku ada creta. I participated fo Brunotts this year, playing for Prestija. SOme of my friends also joined in playing for various teams. SO i gave them moral support....by shouting with my loudest voice with a pasar gadong slang- imagine me going 'bagi lagi gol sebiji~~' like 'Ikan rumahan serringit sekilo~~'. So with all of that, i did enjoy. One time i shouted when the spectators were all silent. That was a bit embarassing, can only here the echo of my voise and 2 seconds of awkward silence. But with all the shouting, the next day my voice was all gone. The only thing coming out of my mouth is rusty noises and if i try to speak normally, a squeaky rat's voice just spat out. That was Monday. By Wednesday I could do those sarak2 basah punya voices. The reason why i was all panic is because on Friday, which is tomorrow, owh wait its past midnight already; later, we will have a choir practice for BCN. Dlm atingku kepisan ni kana marah uleh c imah and Hana lol. Sudahth before this i never came to choir practice, with all the assignments stacking up. Gladly my voice has come back.Its getting late and i need some sleep. Haven't been sleeping properly for the past two nights.

Laters~

No comments: